Reopening our Church
Dear Statesboro First United Methodist Church,
Thank you for the fantastic support you gave in completing the recent congregational survey. We had over two hundred responses and we are thankful for your insight into reopening Statesboro First United Methodist Church. Your input is helping our church leadership make decisions regarding our plans to reopen for in-person worship.
The survey revealed to us that a majority of individuals are ready to return to in-person worship. However, there were a significant number of people who indicated that they will wait, or are unsure about returning; this represents 28% of our surveyed group. We know that opinions are varied on this topic and we ask everyone to make the decision about returning to worship based on what is best for you, your health, and the health of your family. If you or a member of your family feels sick, or if you are at risk for contracting COVID-19 please stay safe and join us via our weekly live stream at www.statesborofirst.com/live. Traditional and contemporary worship services will be offered online.
Here is a list of changes you can expect as we return to worship:
- Masks are encouraged from the parking lot to your pew/seat.
- Designated entrance and exits for each worship service.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be present at each entrance and exit.
- Pews and chairs will be marked to help maintain social distance.
- Families arriving together will sit together and children remain with their parents throughout worship. Children’s Bulletins and other activities will be provided for our children during worship.
- Restrooms and other high contact surfaces will be sanitized before and after each service.
- Everyone will be encouraged to visit and fellowship outside with the breeze following worship. Sunday School will remain online for now, with the hopes of returning to our campus soon.
Due to restrictions and limitations on gathering, our worship services will be different, and we need your help to conduct a safe and successful reopening. So, we are reaching out to you for assistance. There are many tasks that need extra sets of hands to serve. In fact, we can’t reopen without you! We need volunteers willing to help direct people into our worship spaces from our parking lot, to help guide people to their seats, to help run audio, video, and lighting, and to help sanitize our spaces after worship, to only name a few. If you are willing to help us safely and successfully reopen our church for worship, take the next step and click the link below sign up! Your information will be given to our church leadership and you will be contacted about training sessions and your availability to serve. Thank you in advance for stepping out to create a safe and welcoming environment for worship at Statesboro First.
Sign Up Here
Yes, things will be different, but we can’t wait to see you on July 5 as we come together for in-person worship once more. Our church leadership and staff are confident that if we work together we can safely and successfully worship together once more. Thank you for your commitment to Statesboro First United Methodist Church!
Jim Campbell Janice Smith Rev. Stephanie Smith Rev. Dr. Scott Hagan
Chair, Church Council Lay Leader Associate Pastor Senior Pastor